Friday, January 15, 2010

Regrouping!

I had to ground myself from the computer this week! Over the last few weeks we have all been sick, then it was too cold outside to do much. We got totally out of our routines, I wasn't feeling very motivated and I was spending too much time playing on the computer. I would get on it to look something up, or send one quick email and before I knew it, those "one quick things" started to add up! So this week I turned off my computer & spent some time "regrouping" (as my mom calls it!). I feel so much better about everything!
  • I made some plans to get together with friends, coffee night, girls night, brunch!
  • I made a list of some things I'd like to do with the kids like get back into going to story time every week & plan a zoo trip.
  • I wrote some handwritten notes (the old fashion way of keeping in touch!), and want to do that more often.
  • I was intentional about sitting down to play with the kids without distractions, and read lots of books to them.
  • I did several art projects with them, like painting with them on the new art easel! So fun!
  • I attempted to answer important questions like "why does God make tornadoes?" (And just for the record- I don't know! Any advice on how to answer that one?)
  • I started a new Bible study & spent time in God's word each morning.
  • I surprised jake with a date night.

I'm not writing all of this to show off or sound like I'm doing such a great job. These are just things that I made a point to do this week and would like to keep working on! The point of writing this all out is to remind myself that these things don't just happen on their own and if I'm not intentional about how I spend my time, I might miss out on important things in my life! I'm back online but my priorities are back where they need to be! I want to honor God with every single day of my life. I want my priorities to line up with His. I want to create wonderful memories for my kids (and for myself!) It's the little, every day with the people I love that make life so precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment