Friday, September 2, 2011

First Week of Homeschool!

I'm so excited to be starting our second year of homeschooling. We had a great first week.
Here are some pictures from our week.

We started the week with a nice breakfast and a
bible verse as our theme for the year.
Our school room. I am doing a version of the workbox system for Sarah.
Week one was a success!

My cute students...


Working hard!



My favorite part of this week was this morning. It's Friday and we have had a busy week. We had a more laid back school day and it was so nice! I think this is what homeschooling is really about but it is hard for me to break away from our usual structured day. After doing a little bit of school work we went out on the balcony to do art. We all drew pictures and colored them. We stayed out there for the longest time. Then the kids started playing with the doll house, so I let them do that for a while. Then we came in and Adam offered to read to Sarah. So...he did that for a while then we read from our chapter book (Mrs.Piggle Wiggle) for a long time. We didn't finish everything that I had planned but I was so happy with the way the day went!
.


We are ready for a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment