Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I love teaching preschool...

I have loved this school year teaching preschool. I taught the 4's and 5's with one of my best friends. I love working with that age. They say the funniest things. I could sit with them all day asking them questions. They are so smart! They know a lot about a lot of different things. They really are smarter than lots of adults give them credit for. I love the curriculum that goes with that age- all of the fun things that you get to teach them. The ABC's, numbers, colors, just the basics of life, the fun stuff! I love lesson planning. If I could be a professional lesson planner, I would! I love to look for new ideas and different ways to teach things. I love that at this job I got to do all of the fun stuff I love about teaching, without all of the stress, pressure, TAKS preperations, benchmarks, reportcards, and deadlines that made my first teaching experince not all that it was cracked up to be. I love that this job was at my church! I love my church! What a blessing to have a job where you begin each day with the staff gathering to pray for each other and for the families that will walk through our doors. I love that I got to work with two of my very best friends & got to meet lots of other wonderful ladies too! So I know what you're asking, if I love it so much, why am I going back to staying at home?



Well, first of all for two totally adorable little reasons:

And for this guy too:
The thing is, when I'm working outside the home, even just part time, I know I'm not giving my best to my family. The mornings are rushed, the evenings are hectic, I come home from school and just want a little break! I don't do my best at keeping up with everything around the house.

This past year flew by faster than any year has since having my kids. (Isn't it crazy how fast the time goes once you have kids!) Adam turning 4 has hit me kind of hard. His baby days are over, his toddler days are over, his early preschool years are over. Just one more quick year and he'll be off to kindergarten. It's flying by! I don't want to miss a day with that sweet boy! I want to soak up every minute I have with him. And guess what? That baby girl of mine is totally not a baby any more either. She's a full fledged toddler. She's totally cute too & I want to be the one to sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" 50 times a day, and I want to be the one who tucks her in at naptime. I only get one chance at this! Adam will be in preschool 2 days a week in the fall & I'm looking forward to some major girl time with that girl!

So, while I loved my preschool job and look forward to returning to it sometime in the future, right now I'm feeling excited and blessed to begin, or should I say, return to my staying-home adventure! Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment