Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Homemaking 101
I've learned a lot about homemaking over the past few years. I love to read blogs about homemaking (and crafts!!). When you think of a homemaker what do you think of? June Cleaver? Betty Crocker? (was she even real?) Your Grandma? Do you think of cooking and cleaning and wearing an apron? I do think of all of those! But really I think homemaking is about so much more than that. I think every woman is a homemaker. I think a homemaker is the one who sets the tone for the family. I do not do a perfect job (far from it) of keeping my house clean all the time. But, I do notice that when the house is a mess and the laundry isn't kept up, everyone is more stressed. Jacob doesn't like thing all out of order, I don't like things out of order. The kids might not notice the actual mess, but I'm sure they notice that the parents are crabby & stressfully running around looking for something clean to wear! It doesn't have to be immaculate and shining (although that would be nice!) but I do think the general tone of the family is better when things are in order. I want our home to be a happy, calming, peaceful haven for our family. I want friends and guests to feel welcome & comfortable in my home. I want it to be the place that my family would rather be than anywhere else in the world! Home sweet home! I hope to share some of that with you in this blog and also have it be a place to remind myself of what I'm doing, why I'm doing it and what's really important in my life! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment