We are in one of those seasons right now where life is just GOOD! I mean, life is good all the time because God is good all the time and he gives us life & so many blessings. But, I'm talking about one of those seasons where things are just falling into place, going according to plan (my plan- ha ha), routines are in place, kids are getting along- life is just GOOD! If life had a pause button I think we would just camp out here for a while. (Except that I don't want to be 30 weeks pregnant forever but you get the idea.) I just have to write about this so I can look back and be thankful for this time! Things that are good right now:
~ It's Fall! It's still a little warm here but we are having Fall anyway. I have my cinnamon pecan pie candle burning, we've been eating candy corn and there are pumpkin decorations in the house, it's Fall! (My favorite Fall candle is pumpkin spice but I'm saving it for October- I know, I'm a huge dork!)
~ And speaking of our house- I LOVE our new house! It finally feels like "ours." It took longer with this one, I think it's because we saw it when it was someone else's. Our last few houses were vacant when we first saw them but this one actually belonged to someone else. It took a while for it to look and feel like our house, but it does now and I love it! I need to take some pictures to show you. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. I love our balcony. I love sitting out there in the mornings reading my Bible & watching the sun come up. (Not that I'm up that early, but the sun is still coming up and the sky looks so pretty and peaceful!) I love our red door and the "welcome" sign on it. I love that it's ours- that we own it, that God has blessed us so much over the last few years with Jake's job that we were able to make this purchase. I just love it!
~The kids. They are just too cute and so much fun. Sarah is like a little person now, not a baby anymore. She can carry on a conversation and she has the cutest little voice. She's so girly and funny. I love that girl! She's started taking ballet class and she LOVES it. The first night she slept in her tutu because her "ballerina costume is special to her." Adam is growning up and is just the sweetest boy. He is so kind and considerate and has been so helpful to me lately. They are best buddies and are playing so nicely together. They love to play outside for hours making secret hideouts and digging in the yard. They are so much fun to be with and I'm enjoying them so much.
~Homeschool and our routine- you know I love a good routine! Things have fallen into place with homeschool. We all enjoy it. Our whole day goes pretty smoothly now that we have that routine in place. Even bedtime has been going well because they kids are worn out from their busy days!
~Our marriage- Jake's work schedule had gotten really crazy but it has since calmed down some. So now he helps with getting the kids to bed then we get to hang out and watch our favorite shows together while eating candy corn mixed with peanuts (tastes like a payday bar). Good times! We love our home date nights!
~Our new little one on the way- I'm 30 weeks pregnant now! WOW! We're having a baby- SOON! I didn't make it all the way to 40 weeks with the other two so there's a good chance we will have a new family member in less than ten weeks! We are all really excited. This baby moves around like crazy- I don't remember the other two being so active but they might have been. I'm pretty sure this new little guy or girl will totally throw off any sort of routine and predictability that we currently have going on. But I am so thankful and so excited. I know that although it will be hectic, chaotic and exhausting- another awesome, amazing season is just around the corner for us! But for now, I'm really happy just right where we are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment