Friday, April 15, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

I came across this journal at The Homeschool Chick (click here) & thought it would be a fun way to write about our week!

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week... There was a bad hail and wind storm here on Sunday night. Thankfully our house did not have any damage other than the roof. There were some dents on our cars that were parked outside & a ton of debris in the yard that had to be cleaned up. That got our week off to kind of a hectic start. It didn't seem to slow down from there. We had homeschool, enrichment school/MDO, soccer practice, library trip, two playdates, Sonic happy hour(!), and still needed to make time for things like laundry and making dinner! Another busy week, a good week!

In our homeschool this week... We are doing lots of reviewing as the year is winding down. Adam is continuing to improve with his reading. For phonics/spelling we are continuing to work a lot with short vowels. In Math, Adam has been working on some (easy) 2 digit addition using a number line. The kids are memorizing Mark 12:30 "You should love the Lord your God, with all of your heart and with all of your soul and with all of your mind and with all of your strength." And Adam is working on learning the books of the Bible for a competition they are having at church!

My favorite thing this week was...Our butterfly project! We started a few weeks ago with tiny caterpillars. We watched them grow into huge caterpillars, go into chrysalis, and emerge as butterflies. What an awesome process! I think I enjoyed it as much as the kids did. Today we let the butterflies go.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...I'm still trying to settle on our curriculum for next year.

A photo, video, link or quote to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment