Monday, November 30, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday- Pirate Day!

So here's my new thing that I'm doing (You know I always have one!). I've been trying to get the house cleaned on Sundays so that Monday I can just enjoy the day with the kids. I try to do fun things with them everyday, but I like having a whole day where that is my focus. So on Mondays we've been doing fun things like going to the park or library, having a muffin tin lunch (or snack), doing craft projects, playing with play-dough, reading books, just hanging out together!

Anyway, so I saw that someone had done a fishing themed muffin tin snack & thought that would be fun. Only, you know me, once I get a theme going in my head I tend to go a little overboard. I was thinking that the next few weeks are going to be bursting at the seams with Christmas fun, so we did one last non-Christmas theme before December began! So, we had pirate day! We colored pirate pictures, fished from laundry basket boats, and went on a treasure hunt! Here are some pictures from our fun day!

They dipped a pretzle (fishing rod) in the peanut butter (bait!), dipped in the blue sprinkles (ocean) then tried to catch a fish- goldfish, whale crackers, fish candy! Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment